In recent years Orient has adopted the habit of releasing a bunch of limited edition Orient Star models under the motto of "Emotional Colors", inspired by blue shades of the sea and sky. They did it around this time of year in 2019, in 2020, and in 2021. And now autumn is back and so is the seasonal blossom of blue(ish) watches.
This time round, three models are presented: Modern Skeleton and Semi Skeleton from the Contemporary Collection, and Semi Skeleton for her from the Classic Collection. This year, Orient chose a color scheme closer to teal, in fact featuring gradient colored dials with an emerald green center and navy blue outer edge. Rose gold colored bezels complement the dials nicely.
The pictures below, of previous years' equivalent releases, show how the tone of blue is different every year.
Interestingly, just like in other announcements of recent days, Orient offers a different packaging for some of its JDM releases: Having both a leather strap and steel bracelet, while the global market gets either one or the other.
The references included in the new release are:
· RK-AV0120L: Modern skeleton, with a steel bracelet, limited to 300 numbered units for the Japanese market.
· RE-AV0120L: Modern skeleton, with a steel bracelet, limited to 600 numbered units for global distribution.
· RK-AV0121L: Modern skeleton, with a steel bracelet and leather strap, limited to 250 units exclusively on the brand's Prestige Shops.
· RK-AT0015L: Semi skeleton, with a leather band, limited to 250 numbered units for the Japanese market.
· RE-AT0015L: Semi skeleton, with a leather band, limited to 350 numbered units for global distribution.
· RK-AT0016L: Semi skeleton, with both steel bracelet and leather strap, limited to 200 units exclusively on Prestige Shops.
· RK-ND0017L: Ladies' Semi Skeleton, with a steel bracelet, limited to 150 units for the Japanese market.
· RE-ND0017L: Ladies' Semi Skeleton, with a steel bracelet, limited to 150 units for the global market.
· RK-ND0018L: Ladies' Semi Skeleton, with a steel bracelet and leather strap, limited to 100 units and exclusive to Prestige Shops.
Many options then, but they all boil down to three basic designs.
The technical specs of each release is essentially the same as their base models. Prices, at the current rate of the Japanese Yen, are roughly 700 USD for the Modern Skeleton, 550 USD for the Semi Skeleton, and 450 USD for the ladies model. The Prestige Shop versions would sell at only slightly higher prices.